john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  15 years as a auto tech ASE certified
6149662

Going down freeway all lights go out and van shuts down. now

Customer Question

going down freeway all lights go out and van shuts down. now remote doesn't work, key won't go in ignition, and can't shift into neutral. what do I do?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  john -aka eauto replied 6 months ago.

sounds like the alternator went bad... have you tried a jump start?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
it's my Pastor's wife's car, and that's what I thought it was. I'm not where the car is and she is telling me she can't get the key in the ignition.

no power that's why...you can probably install a new battery to limp it home... but it will need power to get the key to work and allow the shifter to move

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
okay I will go try that. thank you.

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
John,
Sorry about that, it was the alternator. Thank you.Cliff

glad i was correct ..i hope you can rate me 5 star so we can close the question out

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you