bill
bill, chrysler master tech
Experience:  25 years with chrysler drivability and electrical expert
5203640

I have a Chrysler 300 and my mechanic checked it and he said

Customer Question

I have a Chrysler 300 and my mechanic checked it and he said everything is ok but it have electrical problems I will have to take it to a Chrysler dealership,while am there I think maybe the pcm,
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: What are the symptoms of a bad pcm
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: I will try fix it myself
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.
pcm failure is very rare while it DOES happen it's not common tell me the EXACT problem you're having and what has been done
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was driving on highway and the car shuts off,on dash board all the lights showing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
⚡️ This sign show up alot
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.
what codes did the mechanic working on the car retrieve?the fault codes give the tech an area to look into for proper diagnosis
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.
the red lightning bolt is electric throttle control warning, that means the pcm found a fault that could POSSIBLY cause a loss of throttle control and went into "limp" in mode with reduced throttle, there are about 40 fault codes that can set that warning
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He try diagnosis ,but it could not
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.
what do you mean?did he pull any codes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just mark error occurs
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.
i'm sorry but that makes no sense was he using a scan tool to pull codes? or some other method
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he use a scan tool,the scan tool take along time to until it mark error on the screen
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.
if the car is running but he can't communicate then 1 of many things could be the problem1 his scan tool is out of date or needs repair 2 the OBD 2 connector (data port) under the dash the tech uses to communicate with the car has some bad pins and is making a poor connection and needs to be repaired/replaceda running car even though it stalls is USUALLY not a bad pcm lack of communication indicates a tool or diagnostic port fault
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When using the scan tool the car have to be on
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.
only the key must be on or the car running to establish communication with the PCM, a factory (dealer level) scan tool can communicate with ALL the modules and need not have the car running at all, aftermarket tools vary on abilities depending on the brand, software level and style of tool used
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well,thanks for information ,thank u good night
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.
no problem please remember this site is on the honor system once you are satisfied with the service you rate it, you have already paid to use the site all a rating does is allow the expert to be paid for his time and that comes out of the fee you paid to use the service