Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a 1989 chrysler lebaron convertible it won't start

Customer Question

I have a 1989 chrysler lebaron convertible it won't start fuel pump is working gas is coming out but won't stay running when it starts
JA: So many things can cause fuel pump issues. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with them. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: At one time gas was shooting out of the fuel regulator just before it wouldn't run when u would press on the gas the car would sound like it was gonna die but when u stopped it would die
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Redid the vacuum lines was gonna try a new fuel regulator
JA: Is there anything else the Chrysler Mechanic should be aware of about your Chrysler?
Customer: Don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. From what you have described here this does sound like a possible issue with the fuel pressure regulator itself needing replaced.I have seen these fail before and can flood out the engine or cause a lack of fuel to the injectors.I would have this tested to be sure this is the cause here and then replaced from there. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete