Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.

I have a no start no crank issue with my car. the battery

Customer Question

I have a no start no crank issue with my car. the battery has been replaced. When I attempt to start the car nothing happens. Everything in the car works when the key is in the start position but the car will not start or attempt to turn over.
JA: OK. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes. I think it is the ignition switch but I'm not sure.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing other than checking the status of the battery
JA: Is there anything else the Chrysler Mechanic should be aware of about your Chrysler?
Customer: Nothing that I know of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Clayso replied 5 months ago.
Hi There, I'm Clayso a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.A fairly simple way to check the ignition switch during cranking is at the starter relay with a test light. One of the terminals will be hot at all times and one will have battery voltage during cranking. For some reason you vehicle information is not available to me. let me know the year, and model of this Chrysler and I can be more precise in my description and diagnosis. The first 10 of the VIN would be very helpful. Let me know.Thanks
Expert:  Clayso replied 5 months ago.
Hi There, I noticed you had viewed my answer, and I hope the information I gave was helpful. Let me know if you have followed through with my recommendations. If you have any questions, please let me know.Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.Thanks so much.