Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

I had the dreaded P0551 code and had the power steering pump

Customer Question

I had the dreaded P0551 code and had the power steering pump and sensor changed out and the code was cleared but returned within a day where do I need to look next?
JA: Have you checked the power steering fluid? Will the wheel turn at all?
Customer: fluid seems fine and the turning seems fine.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I had the work done at a service center.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: It is a 2003 Dream Cruiser 2.4L
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have been waiting on a response for 3 hrs., will I get answers over the weekend? Or yet tonight?
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am sorry you have had to wait so long. I just logged in and saw your question. Do you still need help with this? Chris
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
please.
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.
Ok great! Now there are basically 3 things that set this code, and the pump is not one of them. The switch, or wiring, or PCM can cause this. Has the wiring from the switch to the PCM been checked for open circuits or shorts yet? Chris
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I do not know is there a way I can check this since the service person is now off until Monday?
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.
Well you can if you have an ohm meter to check this and know how to use it, I can send you a diagnostic procedure for the the code. let me know and I will send it to you. Chris
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Please send it ...I will try to see if any of my associates have the proper equipment and talent.
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.
Ok, I will be happy to do that. Give me about 20 minutes to get it together and sent to you. Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.
Ok, got this together. Click on the link below to see the information. I hope this helps, and if so, please take a minute to rate my service. Thank you!! Chris Here is the link:
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.
Hello, just checking back to see if you received the procedure I sent. let me know if you did or did not. I can always resend it if you need me to. Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.