sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have 08 dodge caliber. With 2.4l engine. My car has p700

Customer Question

HI. I have 08 dodge caliber. With 2.4l engine. My car has p700 code. And It Only Run Not Over Than 30 OR 40 MPH
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It like as no power. The car run 30 o 40mph with the pedal to the metal.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I don't know. Some people tell me. I need another transmission
JA: Is there anything else the Chrysler Mechanic should be aware of about your Chrysler?
Customer: No. Only this problem
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Brad replied 6 months ago.
Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help. The P0700 is just an information code.. What codes are in the TCM?
Expert:  Brad replied 6 months ago.
I closed your duplicate question.. Please reply here when you get the codes..
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
P0700
Expert:  Brad replied 6 months ago.
Again the P0700 is just telling you there is transmission codes in the TCM.. You will need a scantool to retrieve the codes.. Once you have them post them here so I can help you get it fixed...
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I know. But I want to know how to fix my car? It's not runner over 30 miles per hour
Expert:  Brad replied 6 months ago.
I want to help you fix your can which is why I need to know what codes it has... Post the codes when you have them..
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The same. The scan tool can't erese the code
Expert:  Brad replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Brad replied 6 months ago.
You have a code reader and a scantool will be required to retrieve the codes... Post the P codes here when you get them.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
When I put the scan tool. AnD put my car in run. The code p0700 apear again
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
another code n/a
Expert:  Brad replied 6 months ago.
What kind of tool do you have?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don't know. Is autozone scantool. They reset my car. And then apear the code p 0700 and code n/a
Expert:  Brad replied 6 months ago.
It's most likely a cheap code reader and what you need is a scantool to retrieve the codes... Post the codes when you have them..
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
They say. The code was erased. And then when my car is on. The code apear. And run very slow mph
Expert:  Brad replied 6 months ago.
I'm going to opt out since you don't have the transmission codes available..
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!P0700 is just an informational code. P0700 sets in the powertrain control module when a fault code has set in the transmission control module. This sets just to turn the engine light on and alert you that codes need to be read from the TCM and does not point to an actual problem.The first step in diagnosing the problem is to determine what codes are setting in the TCM. If Autozone was unable to see codes other than this and didn't have the ability to pick TCM from a module menu then a better code reader or an actual scan tool is going to need to be used to read the codes. If you can let me know what trans codes are setting I can give you possible causes for the problem.