Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

I was driving my 300c and using the cruise control and all

Customer Question

I was driving my 300c and using the cruise control and all of a sudden cruise control stop working and I ecieved a message that FCW is OFF???
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: when the cruise control is shut off and that message appears FCW OFF. I attempt to restart the couise control and I the message clean radar sensor. well I just got the car service at the Chrysler dealer and they cleaned the radar sensor, so whats my problem???
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: no I just want to understand what going on. I will take to dealer to get fix.
JA: OK! The Chrysler Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: no, I just love it, but I want it right for the road.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. Most likely the radar sensor is failing.It is working for a short period then failing to activate or receive signals properly and causes this here.Since it was already cleaned and this issue occurred here after being cleaned I suspect it does need replaced as I have seen these fail before needing replaced.You will want them to test this to be sure this is the cause here and then replaced from there. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete