Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

Intermittent overheating problem with 2006 Chrysler 300 JA:

Customer Question

intermittent overheating problem with 2006 Chrysler 300
JA: Watching the temperature gauge creep up into the red is never fun. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with overheating troubles. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: No obvious leaks, pressure tested and holds pressure at specs
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No - had this to mechanic twice now
JA: OK! The Chrysler Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Chrysler Mechanic should be aware of about your Chrysler?
Customer: Mechanic cant find a problem and get it to overheat or temp to rise above normal. Did find this time that the coolant was low by a little over a gallon. 35 days ago they checked it for the same problem and topp
ed of the fluids
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 6 months ago.
Are you seeing any smoke from the tailpipe at all?