Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech. 30+ years mechanic, shop forman, service manager

Chrysler Town & Country: my lift gate on back of my 2006

Customer Question

my lift gate on back of my 2006 chrysler town & country won't open but only will w/ the key! what does this sound like!
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Jerry replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site. . If the button is pressed repeatedly, will the liftgate open or close?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
it is not a power lift gate ,its hand opening . In other words you take 4 fingers to open the liftgate handle but it won't open. if you use the key in the liftgate it will open then
Expert:  Jerry replied 5 months ago.
I see, thanks. .Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating..Being that it works with the key the problem has to be in the handle itself. Please see attached diagrams. .The trim panel has to come off for that. I can get the instructions for it if you need, thanks.Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****