Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years

Fuse keeps blowing when trying to start my car.. its and 04

Customer Question

fuse keeps blowing when trying to start my car.. its and 04 sebring convertible
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: fuse # ***** blows everytime I try to crank. I replace it and go to crank and it blows again. The radio, horn, lights, and other things still work and no other fuses are blown
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes if I can
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Replaced the #8 fuse from 20amp to 25 amp and nothing, removed starter relay, replace fuse 8 with 20amp, nothing
JA: Is there anything else the Chrysler Mechanic should be aware of about your Chrysler?
Customer: Nope other than that it's in pretty good condition
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 5 months ago.
Hi, sorry to hear about your car problem , does the fuse box cover has a label to identify the fuses , my questions is do you know to what circuit or component this fuse is for ?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It does, the fuse is for the starter/fuel
changing the fuse to a higher rating is only masking the problem ,there is a reason the fuse blowing instantly .usually u have short when the fuse blows instantly at turn of switch.since its for starter we need to check starter circuit & starter itself from being bad or grounded . a loose ground wire on starter or anywhere between the starter & battery could cause that .
also we need to check fuel pump circuit since the fuse indicating fuel also
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok, are those the relays located in the fuse box or something different?