Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.

2004 jeep gc car won't turn over and no check engine lights...fuel

Customer Question

2004 jeep gc car won't turn over and no check engine lights...fuel pump is good
JA: Figuring out why a car won't start can be a challenge - it could be a simple repair, or something a bit more complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It's the 4.0 straight kept stalling but when it did it seemed more of an electrical issue. It was stall instantly with no warning and the gauges would flatline. It seems eletrical..
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: She's been having eletrical issues typical to a jeep so the only thing I've done so far is switch out her pcm..reprogrammed to this jeeps specific vin and odo
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: The engine was recently swapped as well do to a blown head gasket and overheating issues..engine had roughly the same milage but in spectacular shape
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.When you say it will not turn over are you saying it cranks but will not start or are you saying it will not crank over? Even though there is check engine light are you able to scan the system and see if the scanner will communicate and also check to see if there are any stored fault codes? Check this for me and post back with the results and we can work from there.