Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.

2004 seabring limited will not turn over and check engine light

Customer Question

2004 seabring limited will not turn over and check engine light flashes 10 times
JA: Figuring out why a car won't start can be a challenge - it could be a simple repair, or something a bit more complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 2004 chrysler seabring has a 2.7 liter engine and will not turn over and has a check engine light flashes 10 times
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: charging the battery and changing the alternator
JA: Is there anything else the Chrysler Mechanic should be aware of about your Chrysler?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
2004 chrysler sebring Limited 2.7 L convertible
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.In order to begin testing the first thing you are going to need to do is to scan the computer system to see what the fault code and or codes are that should be setting when the check engine light comes on. If you can get this done and post back with the results we can work from there to try and help you determine the cause.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I resolved problem
Locked up WCM may cause engine cranking problems on Chrysler Sebring
If the engine does not crank (or cranks but won't start), the wireless control module (WCM) may have locked up. This is due to static discharge through the ignition key. A revised model should be installed, but simply disconnecting the negative terminal of the battery for thirty seconds will temporarily reset the module so you can start the car.Thank you for help and concern
This problem is very tricky fortunately i could get it figured out
P.s. have to disconnect negative lead at battery itself and not engine compartment lead
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
Glad to hear you got it resolved and thank you as well.