Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech. 30+ years mechanic, shop forman, service manager

Where is the transmission fill and drain plug located on a

Customer Question

Where is the transmission fill and drain plug located on a 2006 GT PT Cruiser with a manual G288 transmission
JA: Dealing with a manual transmission can be a bit tricky. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with all kinds of transmissions. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Changed out the radiator and some trans fluid leaked out. I want to check tranmission fluid level
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Took off drivers side wheel
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: Its a 2006 PT Cruiser G with 2.4L tubocharged engine manual transmission.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Jerry replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site. *** A BAD RATING HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY DEPOSIT YOU MADE *****.Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.….The fill plug is number 1 in the attached diagram, on the transaxle.Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** .Thanks.
Expert:  Jerry replied 5 months ago.
If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large. You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it. I do not have access to your email address,
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have that diagram from the Haynes manual but I can't locate anything on the transaxle that looks like the diagram
Expert:  Jerry replied 5 months ago.
I see, thanks. On the G288 trans it is on the ball housing side. Here is a photo of one. The fill plug is on the top left in the picture.