Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years

My etc light comes on and off randomly and leaves the check

Customer Question

my etc light comes on and off randomly and leaves the check engine light on
JA: Diagnosing the correct check engine code is the key to getting a quick fix. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with this type of thing. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have a 2007 chrysler 300 and the etc light seems to come on when I accelerate more
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: no I am going to a mechanic however this is my 2nd for the issue and the last time he just changed my oil and put a stabilizer in it
JA: OK! The Chrysler Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Chrysler Mechanic should be aware of about your Chrysler?
Customer: I am not sure this is related but when I make a hard turn my car shuts off
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  bill replied 5 months ago.
do you know what code is setting when the ETC light comes on?changing the oil will NOT fix this but there are about 20 different faults that will trigger an ETC lamp
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am going today to get the code read but not until about an hour
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My oil was disappearing as well. I didnt have a leak and under 3000 miles since my last change and it was dry
Expert:  bill replied 5 months ago.
there is little I can do without the code, what engine is in your 300?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I believe the 2.7
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I had the head gaskets changes about a year ago by the same mechanics. I also had an oil leak fixed by them about 3 months ago.
Expert:  bill replied 5 months ago.
I will definitely need the code that engine was never known for durability but had FEW ETC faults as for th eoil if your not leaking it then you MOST LIKELY are burning it, if you have over 100k on the engine the PCV valve may be clogged causing the engine to consume oil
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok can I send you the code in about an hour and half?
Expert:  bill replied 5 months ago.
that's fine once I have a code I can help determine what's going on
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
thank you
Expert:  bill replied 5 months ago.
no problem