Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Chrysler Sebring Touring: My 04 sebring 2.7 cuts out cylinders

Customer Question

My 04 sebring 2.7 cuts out cylinders at 2750 rpms
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 5 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Is this occurring in drive or park?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
anytime the engine revs up to 2750, it acts like the rev limiter kicks in and shuts down cylinders. I have replaced the crank and the cam sensors with no avail. what is my next step?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
In answer to your question, it happens in drive and in park.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have to go to bed now, can you send your response to my E-Mail ***@******.*** I'll check it tomorrow when I get home from work. Thanks, Mark
Thanks, ***** ***** need to continue this test in drive since there is a rev limiter in park and neutral. Can you check to see if the fuel pressure is dropping down? Can you monitor the CMP and CKP readings while this is occurring to see if they are dropping out? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I didn't get all of your answer, it stopped with the drop in fuel pressure. I asked a mechanic at Belle tire to check that first because I originally thought it was a plugged filter. He checked it out and told me that he was almost certain that it is the rev limiter but was not sure how to fix it other than take it to the dealer to see if they could re-flash the computer. I have been searching for a easier solution. That is why I thought you might have better information for me.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
OK there it is, what will I need to be able to read the CMP an CKP. I have an OBD2, that only seems to be showing the evaperative emission small leak that always comes back.
A scan tool that can show the CMP and CKP sensor readings on a graph would be best to watch the sensors to see if they are dropping out.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is that how the engine cuts out when it reaches 2750, by cutting out the fuel?
It can be cutting out the fuel pr the spark.
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris