sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Its a 2nd hand 2007 pt cruzier, everytime I unlock the car

Customer Question

Hi its a 2nd hand 2007 pt cruzier, everytime I unlock the car door with the key the horn alarm goes off causing neighbors to get irritated
JA: A blaring car alarm can be frustrating and (for you and your neighbors.) The mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It's just the horn alarm I just want to disarm it.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes if not me my son or husband..
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Don't have the money to pay a mechanic
JA: Is there anything else the Chrysler Mechanic should be aware of about your Chrysler?
Customer: I've tried turning the car key to unlock the car door and opening at it the same time
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.
HI,Ok, can you get me the last 8 of the vin number so that I can pull the schematics
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
7T579681 that's the last 8 numbers
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.
HI,Well, I will need to opt out and see if another expert can help as I have the door lock diagrams but not the corresponding alarm diagrams to see where the issue lays
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok thanks I'm thinking if I have to take it to a car alarm shop
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!The alarm will always go off if you unlock the doors manually with a key. Since the correct key for this vehicle has an integrated fob there is no disarm switch in the doors. If you have the correct FOBIK key then you'll need to press the unlock button on it to unlock the doors and disarm the alarm. If you were given a plain key with no fob with the car that's an incorrect key, a correct FOBIK would need to be purchased and programmed to the car.