K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  AA in automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade

I replaced the compressor and still the Freon not circulating

Customer Question

I replaced the compressor and still the Freon not circulating making the compressor stall
JA: Whether it's at the end of the driveway or on the highway, a car stalling can be dangerous. The good news is the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with all kinds of engine issues. How old is the battery? Does the car stall out mainly when going up or down hills?
Customer: Not the motor the compressor
JA: Got it. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I believe that the ofice tube or filter May be clogged
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Locating the ofice tube or filter the problem would you have info on its location
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: 2003 pt cruiser
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 5 months ago.
Hello, there's an orifice in the liquid line from the evaporator to condensor that may be clogged. Anytime a compressor is replaced it's best to replace the orifice or line along with the acumulator/dryer and flush the system before pulling a vacuum and recharging I'll post the proceudre below for replacing the line and acumulator/dryer for you.If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept. Follow up questions concerning this are always free, even after rating or accepting. Thanks!
Hello, I was just wanting to follow up and see how things went.