Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

Pearl, JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really

Customer Question

Hi, Pearl,
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 2005 300C with 5.7 Hemi and RWD won't advance from 1st gear. Dealer has suggested it needs(###) ###-####G and(###) ###-####F axle assembly halves. I'm a little confused as problem is manifested in transmission not rear differential assembly. Two warnings were showing on dash: engine and ABS after sitting for a good portion of winter. Dealer detected 13 codes (mostly old), installed 4 computer updates which eliminated six or seven of the codes.
JA: Let's get those codes to the mechanic so you two can figure this issue out ASAP. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No chance I can fix it myself and the car is at a dealership two hours away.
JA: OK! The Chrysler Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right.
Customer: Thanks, Pearl
JA: Is there anything else the Chrysler Mechanic should be aware of about your Chrysler?
Customer: Not that I can think of - I took it for a short drive in January without incident except noting the two warnings and again in February - same thing
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  bill replied 6 months ago.
what are the codes that return i need the exact code numbers
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi, Bill,Car is two hours away and dealer did not provide the codes only their suggestion and approx cost.
Expert:  bill replied 6 months ago.
then no expert can be of any real assistance there are many reasons the transmission will go to limp in and set warning lamps including possible rotted tone rings on the rear axles which provide a speed signal to the trans and abs computers the codes give us a direction to properly diagnose the problem
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks, Bill,
I did not understand how such an obvious transmission problem could be triggered by an issue with the rear axle assembly.
Will pick up the car in the next few weeks and try to get the codes.
Expert:  bill replied 6 months ago.
you may not think the 2 are relates BUT there are sensors on teh rear axles that the transmission computers use but like i said i need the actual codes, i would ask the shop foreman for an explanation of their diagnosis, since they are working on the car and have performed (hopefully) the correct diagnosis procedures the shop foreman SHOULD be able to explain the reasoning for the recommendation.a shop foreman is the "shop manager" and is usually the highest trained person in the shop and USUALLY oversees complicated diagnosis