sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a 07,Chrysler pacifica that isn't shifting and the auto

Customer Question

I have a 07,Chrysler pacifica that isn't shifting and the auto stick is also not working seems to be stuck in one forward gear. Rpms go up to*****passed shift point. All lights that are hooked to the tpms system are on.
JA: Many things can cause transmission trouble. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with them. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes just need pointers
JA: Great! What have you tried so far? Is there anything else the Chrysler Mechanic should be aware of about your Chrysler?
Customer: No have not tried anything yet. Would a bad batrey cause it?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!Your transmission is in limp in. When the trans controller sees an issue it thinks will prevent proper operation it will lock you in a single gear. There are many possible causes for limp in including the trans controller itself, the integrated power module, wiring, solenoids and pressure switches, speed sensors, the trans sensor, or internal trans issues. The most common problems are failed solenoids and pressure switches, which are serviced with the solenoid pack.The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to use a code reader or scan tool to see what fault codes are setting in the TCM, and then testing would need to be done from there based on what is set.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We replaced the battery to the pacifica all lights are out and it is switching gears now. Thanks for the help though
If you need more help when the problem returns let me know.