sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

06 300 3.5 touring ac blows cold and 30 min to hour blows hot

Customer Question

06 300 3.5 touring ac blows cold and 30 min to hour blows hot humid musty air. Also during this last winter my heater working fine had defrost on all of a sudden the blowing sound changed and it seemed like a door was opened and my windows fogged up. had to stop and it did this intermittently.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!Your recirculation door is broken. The recirc door is behind the glovebox area and is what controls whether the blower motor pulls air from outside the vehicle or inside. What is happening is the door is getting stuck in the recirculation position which causes the windows to fog up and can also cause the musty and humid conditions.This won't cause the a/c to stop blowing cold though. When the a/c is running do you still see normal condensation drip under the car?