sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

Chrysler 300c: I have a 2005 chrysler 300c awd. There are

Customer Question

I have a 2005 chrysler 300c awd. There are three problems and I'm not sure if they are related. Issue 1 - temp control does not work. I either have ice cold air or hot air no in between. Issue 2 - navigation screen goes black off and on. Radio continues to work but when the screen goes black the station is locked on the current channel. Issue 3 - CD player is not working. Car has 100,000 miles on it. All of the issues started after there was a burning smell from the dash. I have pulled out the screen, and temp control box but could not find any issues with wiring. Please help.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.
HI,Ok, first, I need the last 8 of the vin to pull schematics Second, I need to know if the climate control is automatic(digital) or manual controls
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Manual control knobs. 2C3JK63HX5H653493
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Did you need any more info at this point?
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!The radio will either need to be replaced or sent out for repair to somewhere such as United Radio to repair the issues that you're having with it.Does the temperature change as intended if you move the knob fully in each direction, there is just no incremental control of temperature?Does the temperature ever change if you change blower motor speed?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Temperature knob moves. Yes temperature changes - really hot or really cold. No, if the blower speed is changed you still only have hot or cold. No control. I will plan on replacing the radio.
Have you tried a calibration?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have not.
Try a calibration then and see if anything changes. Start the engine and turn the blower motor off.Press and hold the rear defrost button and turn the blower motor on. Continue to hold the defrost button until the rear defrost indicator starts flashing, and then release it.While calibration is in progress the light will flash once per second. If calibration passes then the light will stop flashing. If it fails then the rear defrost and a/c buttons will flash alternately.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The light does not start blinking. I have the selector set to auto. Pressed the rear defrost and turned the blower selector to the first notch which is Auto Hi. Button was held for two minutes. Do I need to hold it longer than that?
You previously said you had a manual control system. There isn't a way to perform a calibration without a scan tool on an automatic temperature control system.The temperature control issue is either being caused by the control head, the blend door actuator or a broken blend door. The most likely cause would be a broken door and the actuator isn't properly engaged to it to move it to the intended position. A scan tool can be used to perform a calibration and see if it fails, if so then it indicates a broken door.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry for the inaccurate statement. Thank you for the help. I will have it hooked up to a scanner.
You're welcome and good luck with it!