sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I replace the battery in my remote and the only thing that

Customer Question

I replace the battery in my remote and the only thing that works is that it peeps when you push the lock button.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The remote doesn't unlock the doors or lock the doors also will not open the side doors but it will open the hatch on the back of my van
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If I can
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to Justanswer!It sounds as if you have a bad key fob. No vehicle information was posted but it appears you have a minivan with a power liftgate and power sliding doors. If the power sliding doors and liftgate will open with the fob, the power door locks do work but the lock or unlock button on the fob doesn't do anything then that indicates fob failure. To be sure you can have the fob tested, which can be done for free at most parts stores, to see if it is transmitting when pressing each button. If not then it will need to be replaced.