Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

Had my only key stolen from me during a distraction in my alley

Customer Question

had my only key stolen from me during a distraction in my alley left key in car and jumped out. low on cas idecided to try ang get new ignition skim, bcm and pcm have a friend that would let me take parts off his non running 05 pacifica, his was the same year and model same acc. what do you think?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: did you get all of that?
JA: Is there anything else the Chrysler Mechanic should be aware of about your Chrysler?
Customer: no.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Brad replied 10 months ago.
Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help. Why not just get a new key programmed?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
YOU ARE OING TO CHARGE ME FOR THAT I KNEW THAT MUCH ALREADY. BAD RESPONSE. I TOLD YOU WHAT I NEEDED TO KNOW NOT THE TYPICAL 195.00 ANSWER THAT 3 DEALERS HAD ALREADY GIVEN ME FOR FREE.
THEY ALWAYS SAY THE SAME THING I DON'T HAVE VERY MUCH MONEY AND ALL OF THE OARTS WERE FREE, HE BLEW HIS MOTOR UP.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
DID YOU EVEN READ MY QUESTON BEFORE THAT OBVIOUS ANSWER. HE ALSO HAD TWO KEY WHICH THE DEALER WANTS 195 EACH. THATS WHY I ASKED YOU THE DEALERSHIP TECH.
Expert:  Brad replied 10 months ago.
I just asked why not get a new key? Because it would be the easiest way to get you back on the road, and I wouldn't swap modules because they are VIN programmed and you will very likely cause more issues trying to swap modules than you would just getting a new key programmed..
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
NO THANKS I COULD HAVE GOTTEN THAT ANSWER FOM YOU TUBE OR MY GRANDMOTHER. I ALREADY KNEW THIS FROM CHRYSLER FORUMS. THIS WAS A WASTE FOR 5.00 INTIAL CONTACT. MUST OF BEEN THE FIST GIRLS CONTACT TO YOU REFERING TO HER HARVARD EDUCATION. TERRIBLE INFO.
Expert:  Brad replied 10 months ago.
This is your question: had my only key stolen from me during a distraction in my alley left key in car and jumped out. low on cas idecided to try ang get new ignition skim, bcm and pcm have a friend that would let me take parts off his non running 05 pacifica, his was the same year and model same acc. what do you think? And I answered by saying I would NOT swap modules because they are VIN programmed and you will end up have more issues then you have now.. I'm not sure why you are so upset with me, I'm giving you the best advise I can..
Expert:  Brad replied 10 months ago.
I would advise you to get a new key programmed, and I'm sorry the keys are expensive but I can't help the price...
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
BRAD THERE SKOULD HAVE AT LEAST A PROCEEDURE ON HOW THIS WORKS. NO STARS FOR YOU MY FRIEND
Expert:  Brad replied 10 months ago.
A procedure on how what works? And why are you saying no stars? Why are you so upset with me?
Expert:  Brad replied 10 months ago.
Waiting for a reply.................
Expert:  Brad replied 10 months ago.
Hello? What else can I explain for you?
Expert:  Brad replied 10 months ago.
No reply??