Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  28 years experience, ASE Master Certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Sprinter Van Certified
49095596

I replaced the TPM sensor with an aftermarket TPM sensor for

Customer Question

I replaced the TPM sensor with an aftermarket TPM sensor for my 2006 300C. The TPM still pings but the pressures show correctly. How can I get the system to relearn?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I just did.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes, if I can. Can someone like Firestone do it?
JA: Great! What have you tried so far? Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: I had the aftermarket part installed on the tire. The TPM system still pings but the pressure are being read correctly. How di I stop the pings?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Robert R replied 6 months ago.
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.Has the TPM system been scanned for codes after replacing the TPM sensor? Did you clear the codes after replacing the sensor? Keep me posted... Thank you, Robert
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No, I'm sure Firestone, who replaced the sensor, did not scan for codes or clear the codes. Can I clear the codes rather than take it to a dealership? If so, what is the procedure for clearing the codes?Gregg
Expert:  Robert R replied 6 months ago.
Unfortunately, the only way to clear the codes in the TPM system is to use a compatible scanner. Usually the only compatible scanner is located at your nearest dealer.. If you have it scanned and post any codes that were retrieved here, I can offer you a second opinion on whatever diagnostic conclusion your dealer comes up with... Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions... Thank you, Robert`
Expert:  Robert R replied 6 months ago.
Hello, This is an automated response that was scheduled when I posted my answer. I just wanted to check in with you to see if you need more help with your concern. A non rated question normally times out within 7 days, so I wanted to stay in contact with you to see if the problem has been solved. If I have helped you resolve your concern and you have already rated my response, I want to say "Thanks!", and let you know you can still follow up on this concern if needed. Also to let you know you can bookmark "http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-Robertr/?r=SprinterRob&bt=0" My Profile Page "" (Bookmark this link) in case you have another automotive question in the future. Make sure to begin your question with "Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it. If we are still working on your concern, please post a reply so we can continue. If you are happy with my answer and have not rated my response, please do so asap to complete the transaction. It is greatly appreciated as I recieve no compensation until you do so... If your not satisfied with my answer, BEFORE rating, please post a reply with a short explanation as to why. I may have a better explanation for you... It also helps me to refine my answers to help future customers more thoroughly and efficiently. My goal is to answer your question to your complete satisfaction, and would like to earn your business now and in the future. Thank you and thanks for using JustAnswer! Robert