sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Putting on a new top 08 sebring .the top is almost all the

Customer Question

Putting on a new top 08 sebring .the top is almost all the way down. Won't move. Dash says top failure
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: In the process of installing new top. Top won't go up or down.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If possible.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: Not that I'm aware of.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!The power top control module watches a series of switches that monitor the state of all components during operation. If the module sees a switch in an incorrect state whether caused by a switch failure, a wiring or mechanical issue, then it will display the failure message and suspend top operation.If no visible mechanical or wiring problems can be seen then the first step in diagnosing the issue from there is to use a scan tool to see what fault codes are setting in the PTCM. Do you know what codes are setting?