chrlsman
chrlsman, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I am a certified ASE Master Technician with L1 Advanced Diagnostic Specialist and over 15 years experience.
29613880

I over filled it with oil JA: Sometimes things that you think

Customer Question

I over filled it with oil
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I change the oil after overfilling and now it's shaking
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No
JA: OK! The Chrysler Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Kevin replied 10 months ago.
Hi im kevin have you removed excess oil?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yes
Expert:  Kevin replied 10 months ago.
Ok and you have a clear missfire now ? Nothing else been disturbed ?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No
Expert:  Kevin replied 10 months ago.
Ok and what vehicle is this
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
2006 Chrysler 300 2.7
Expert:  Kevin replied 10 months ago.
my info on your model is restriced il opt out another tech will have more info on your model
Expert:  chrlsman replied 10 months ago.
Hi there. My name is ***** ***** am a different tech.Is your check engine light on? If so, have an auto parts store pull the codes and then type them here and I will assist further.With out that info, I can only make an educated guess. One possibility is that the crankshaft dragged through the oil in the pan due to over filling. If that is the case, then simply clearing the codes should take care of the issue now that the oil is at the correct level. However, I can't say for sure that is the case w/o the codes.
Chris here. I just wanted to follow up to see if you were able to get the codes pulled?