Brad, Dealership Technician
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician..ASE Master Certified(L-1)

Convertible top won, JA: Sometimes things that you think will

Customer Question

convertible top won,
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: convertible top won't go up or down plus it'makes a knocking noise
JA: I have yet to hear of a noise the mechanics can't identify. They're real masters, and it would be my pleasure to connect you with the best one for the job. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: where should I look to tighten it up
JA: Is there anything else the Chrysler Mechanic should be aware of about your Chrysler?
Customer: yes it something I think I can handle if you can direct me to the problem
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.
HI,Ok, I need to get the year, make, and model of your vehicle. I also need to know if yours is a soft top or hard top convertible
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
convertible top makes a knocking noise plus it stop going up or down on 2004 sebring 2.4L
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
where do I find bolt to tighten down the top
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.
HI,Is it a softtop or hardtop convertible top?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
soft top convertible, noise comes mostly from rear right side behind the back seat area
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.
HI,I have gone thru all my schematics and I dont have a schematic of how the frame is bolted to vehicle. I will opt out and see if another expert has this info
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
really would like to know if the switch that control motor is bad or is it loose that's causing top not go up and down ? where do I start to look
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
thanks is there anyway I can see those schematics
Expert:  Brad replied 5 months ago.
Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 18 years and I will do my best to help. IN order to see what is wrong you will need to know what codes are in the PTM(Power Top Module). Do you have a scantool to retrieve the codes?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no not sure what a scantool is
Expert:  Brad replied 5 months ago.
A scantool is a computer you connect to your vehicle to communicate with your vehicles computers to retrieve the codes.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No don't have a scantool any other way to get codes needed
Expert:  Brad replied 5 months ago.
I can help you fix this issue but first I will need to know what's wrong with it, and to do that I will need to know what codes are setting.. Can you have the codes read and post them here?