Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.
7276279

My 2005 300 touring AC started blowing hot air, and the

Customer Question

Hi, My 2005 300 touring AC started blowing hot air, and the engine fans are not spinning
JA: Many things can cause trouble with the A/C. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I drove around earlier today with no issues then I noticed that the AC wasn't blowing cool air. Then the car ran hot, and I noticed the fans weren't working
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: checked the fuses and relays. They all are fine.
JA: Is there anything else the Chrysler Mechanic should be aware of about your Chrysler?
Customer: Well I bought it two years ago, and its been sitting until last week.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.The first thing you need to do is to install a set of AC gauges and check the system pressure. Normal pressure on a full system needs to be right at 35 to 40 PSI on the low side and the high side needs to be right at 200 to 225 PSI. Check this for me and post back with the results and we can work from there. It would also be very useful if you could scan the computer system and see if there are any fault codes setting. Post back when you can and we can work from there.