Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years

I have smell of mice in my defrost vent only. The smell is

Customer Question

I have smell of mice in my defrost vent only. The smell is not there when I turn on my other events. I have cleaned out the cabin filter. The problem is not there. How do I address this problem?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes. BTW, it is a 2013 town and country minivan.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: With the hood open I unscrewed 2 screws and lifted a black plastic cover over the windshield wipers. I vacuumed out only a small amount of seeds and nuts and leaves. But no mouse nest. The smell is like mouse urine.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Mike S. replied 5 months ago.
I would imagine a mouse has crawled in there somehow and died or made a nest if he/she can make it in and out.I suggest you just remove defrost duct and inspect it and/or clean it and remove any dead mouse or next, then if it actually is a mouse or nest. find out how it is getting in and fix the hole.