Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.
77147243

Chrysler Town & Country Touring: the wipers on my 05 t&c

Customer Question

the wipers on my 05 t&c touring do not return to the down position when turned off. The intermittent feature quit working. I just replaced the stalk with a new mopar part and it did not solve the problem (and its raining) what could be the problem? the turn signals work.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 7 months ago.
The intermitent feature will not work if the motor will not park. USually the on off relay is the fault. what you can do as a quick test is swap the "wiper on/off relay" with the "wiper high/low relay" I'll post a diagram below. Let me know how things go.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for the info. I switched the relays and it did not make a difference. I switched them back again and still no change. Any other suggestions I can try?
I'm away from the office this morning, I'll open this back up so another expert may assist you. Someone should be with you shrotly.
Expert:  Clayso replied 7 months ago.
Hi There, I'm Clayso a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.From your description sounds like the park circuit in the wiper motor has failed and not parking the wipers in the proper position. With a dealer level scan tool you can check the Front Control Module (FCM) and the Body Control Module (BCM) for codes related to wiper operation. I'm sure there will be codes for the front wiper park circuit. Replace the front wiper motor if codes are present. Beware of A1 Cardone wiper motors for this application, to many defects noted.I hope this information is helpful. If you have any questions let me know. You can reply back to me through this thread at any time.Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you.Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.Thanks.