sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a rattle in the top near the right rear, happens when

Customer Question

I have a rattle in the top near the right rear, happens when the top is up or down. 2008 Sebring Convertible.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have a rattle in the top near the right rear, happens when the top is up or down. 2008 Sebring Convertible.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If I can
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!There are several things in the top that could be making noise. It could be a crossbar or hinge issue, there may be something foreign that has made it's way into a top component and is now making noise, the problem may actually be coming from the top components down in the quarter panel. I've seen loose top assembly mounting fasteners for instance which made noise over bumps.Do you have a hard or soft top?What has been done to attempt to locate the noise?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have a soft top. When driving with the top up, the noise seems to be to the right of the rear window and just above the top right corner of the rear window.
Has anything been done to try to find the source of the noise?Did it start after any work was done?