sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

2005 pacifica. cannot adjust seats JA: Sometimes things that

Customer Question

2005 pacifica. cannot adjust seats
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: everything worked till mechanic replaced abs sensor and then locked in park so replaced plastic part of gear assembly then seats stuck. no click and fuses ok
JA: So many factors can cause ABS issues. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with them. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: i am ready to direct wire motor that controls seat fwd and back.i don't know which motor and driver seat stuck all the way fwd so access from front of seat almost impossible. back of drivers seat is removed.
JA: Is there anything else the Chrysler Mechanic should be aware of about your Chrysler?
Customer: since mechanic worked on aforementioned items it did work intermittently. before that no problems
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!There are a handful of things that could prevent the seats from working, ranging from the switches, wiring, motors, a power distribution issue or a bad circuit breaker, but I'm assuming that you have memory seats. It wasn't uncommon for a memory seat module to either lock up electronically or fail, which will stop both seats from moving. Do you have memory seats?