Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
20625509

Need to know how to access & remove the cooling line bracket

Customer Question

..need to know how to access & remove the cooling line bracket buried at the bottom of the driver's side of the radiator ? 03 concorde lxi 3.5
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: r&r of radiator 03 concorde lxi 3.5
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: doing it now
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 8 months ago.
This should help you identify and loosen/remove the Transmission Cooler Line Bracket Screw/s.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 8 months ago.
Here are the entire instructions,
Expert:  Mike S. replied 8 months ago.
You may have to remove the ac condenser first.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
...but how do you access #1 ?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
...do i need to remove bumper, head light, or wheel well cover ? also do i need to remove trans cooling lines from cooler itself ?
Expert:  Mike S. replied 8 months ago.
Can you get your hand on it or even see it?Have you tried pulling the radiator out enough in order to reach it?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no, can't get my hands on it at all and pulling the radiator up stresses the trans cooling pipes....
Expert:  Mike S. replied 8 months ago.
Read the instructions. I don't see mentioning removing the bumper, or any of those parts you mentioned except the cooler lines.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 8 months ago.
Then remove them or disconnect them.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 8 months ago.
Did you read steps 9 and 10?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
yes and i'm right back to how to reach bracket bolt #1..and no you don't have to remove condenser...
Expert:  Mike S. replied 8 months ago.
Honestly, I cannot tell you how.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok then ~ fair enough. i'll keep digging.