sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Car starts good couple of days and then it just doesn't

Customer Question

Car starts good for a couple of days and then it just doesn't start at some point
JA: Figuring out why a car won't start can be a challenge - it could be a simple repair, or something a bit more complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It starts back like the next day
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Car has power, so I know is not the battery, I'm lost
JA: Is there anything else the Chrysler Mechanic should be aware of about your Chrysler?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome to Justanswer!There are many things that can cause a no start condition, especially depending on what actually happens and what the vehicle is. If the starter doesn't engage then it may be the starter itself, a cable or connection issue, the starter relay, ignition switch, wiring, or it could be a transmission range sensor related issue.What year and model is the vehicle?What happens when you try to start the engine?