Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ years experience as automotive store manager and technician.
3195632

Chrysler Circus: I recently purchased a 99 Chrysler Cirrus

Customer Question

I recently purchased a 99 Chrysler Cirrus for my daughter, it has 76,000 miles on it. Shortly after the purchase it was leaking oil and I ultimately had to have distributor, plugs, wires, etc replaced because oil had gotten in there. Battery also died so that's new as is the crank shaft sensor. This was at shop "A". Car ran fine for a while then wouldn't start. Find out shop "A" went out of business (was local mom & pop shop and I guess he retired due to health probs). Anyway, took it to shop "B" and they replaced the ECU. The day I picked it up it died on me twice as I was coming to a stop in a parking lot. Took back to shop and now they're saying the distributor is bad and that's going to ultimately fry the new ECU so they want to replace the distributor. I'm a single mom and this is getting pricey. I just don't want to be taken advantage of financially if it could be something else. Not sure if this matters or not but the key fobs no longer work to lock and unlock her car.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Eric replied 7 months ago.
HI,When it dies, does it restart immediately or does it have to sit for awhile before it will restart?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It restarts immediately
Expert:  Eric replied 7 months ago.
Hi,there are 2 common causes - the crank sensor and the distributor. As both are relatively new, both need to be tested to see which one failed prematurely.
Expert:  Eric replied 7 months ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.~Do you still need more help?~Confused by my info request or answer?~Need more time?~Confused on how the site works?~Need more detail or a different explanation?If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks