Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

2004 chrysler sebring conv key fob wont unlock doors truck

Customer Question

2004 chrysler sebring conv key fob wont unlock doors truck opens the light come on when you unlock horn blows when you lock but the power door lock dont work fuse just clicks the fuse is good just clicks
JA: Dealing with a malfunctioning key fob can be frustrating and really inconvenient -- the mechanics will have somegood ideas about what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: new battery for fob check fuse was good
JA: Is there anything else the Chrysler Mechanic should be aware of about your Chrysler?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Will the power door locks work with the switch on the door panels?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Neither doir
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Already tried the wd40 in ignition
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.
Ok, let me look at some wiring diagrams. Be right back
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.
Try this: Disconnect the negative battery cable from that stud at the left shock tower under the hood for 2 minutes. See if that will reset the BCM and get the locks to work again. Let me know if it does. Chris
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
So there isn't a relay that could be bad ?
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.
Well the only relay is the one that you have removed and jumped. And yes it could be bad. How much fuel is in the tank? Chris
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
??? Removed jumped. Just replaced the fuse which is good. Don't know where the door lock relay is??
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.
Sorry, that relay post was for another customer. Do the battery disconnect/reconnect and see if that works. Chris
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.
If you accept the phone call offer I will be able to call youChris
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No battery thing didn't workIs there a relay for the power door locks is so. Where is it
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.
No. Not on your vehicle. The door locks are powered directly by the BCM (Body Control Module ) if you are sure that the fuses are all good, then the BCM has probably failed and will need to be replaced.Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.
Do you want the procedures for replacing the BCM?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is that s big ticket item. And what else does it run?
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.
It is around $300.00 or so, and it runs the lights, windshield wipers, and the horn. (sorry about the delay, I had to go on a service call). Chris
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Are you sure this is the problem
They won't let u return rkecttisk componrts
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.
Well I am 90% sure based on what you have told me about the fuses being ok, looking at the wiring diagram, and the symptoms you have described. But if you want to be 100% sure, have a shop you trust confirm this just to be safe. Chris
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Does it need a bcm with security?
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.
Send me the vehicle's VIN number and I can look it up and see. Chris
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
N336882
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.
I need the last 8 . you only sent 7
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
4n336882
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.
That's better. I looked it up and your BCM does not have the security system Chris
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Then why does the lights flash and horn beeps when u use the remote.
Could it b an after market system??
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.
That is because you have the Remote Keyless Entry system. It is normal for the lights to flash and horn honk when you push the remote buttons. That is not an alarm system. Chris
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok thx
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.
Youare very welcome! If I have been helpful, please take a minute to rate my service today. Thank you!Chris
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hope you don't mind
I will but want to try what you suggested first. Thx
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.
Ok sounds ok to me! Let me know how it goes.Chris
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
K
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.
Will look for your reply this week. Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.
Hello, how is it going with the Chrysler? Please note: If I have been at all helpful, please help me and rate using the stars at the top of the page or 'accept' my answer.Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A. If you cannot rate or do not see where to rate, please let me know! You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept. Thank-you!
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Part came in today
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.
Ok thanks for the update.Chris
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Not happy. Put new bcm in and now the door locks still click on doir panel but remote does nothing. When before it would turn light on and beep horn ???
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.
Hmmm, You will need to program the remotes now. You may have to have the dealer do that using the DRBIII scan tool, but there may be a way for you to do it. Click on the link below to see the procedure. Chris
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It still doesn't lock from inside the car??
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.
Really? if that's the case then that replacement BCM must be defective or a fuse blew. Was it a new or used or remanufactured BCM? Chris
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Used
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.
Hmmm, might be a problem with it. Chris
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I try to program the remote and get back or is that pointless
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.
Well can't hurt to try, but if the programming does not help then get your $$ back for that BCM and then get a remanufactured one. Chris