Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years

Chrysler town&country: where are the side car sensors located

Customer Question

where are the side car sensors located and how many are there and I was told you replace them all
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Jerry replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site. .What system of the vehicle are the sensors for?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jerry replied 5 months ago.
A phone call would not be in your best interest. I am not able to draw diagrams or give instructions over the phone. Also, it would be hard to accept without knowing what you are talking about, thanks
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
They are the Side detection sensors. Lights continuously stay on in both side mirrors. Bell alarm also dings when an error message indicates the side detection sensors are not working. I would like to know how many of the sensors there are to replace and where they are located. I was told you have to replace all of them at one time or the old sensors will fry the new sensor. Is there a blueprint available that shows the location of the sensors. I was told this is quite an expensive repair what is your knowledge of the situation ?
Expert:  Jerry replied 5 months ago.
I see, thanks. Actually I don't have much on them, but wait there may be another expert on here that does. I will opt out and open it back up. Please DON’T REPLY to this post as that will lock the question back to me, someone should be along shortly, I’m sure, thanks and sorry I wasn’t able to help with it.
Expert:  bill replied 5 months ago.
THERE are 2 blind spot sensors located in the rear bumper to replace them you need to pull the rear bumper and CAREFULLY remove them from the bonded mounts(the mounts are glued(bonded) to the rear bumper, this CAN be an involved repair and is NOT for an amateur with little or no experience in body work as it's easy to damage the bumper cover it is USUALLY a 2 person job to properly remove the bumper cover although with a lot of finesse it can be done by 1 person