How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask rpmdiag Your Own Question
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Category: Chrysler
Satisfied Customers: 7184
Experience:  Since 1975
Type Your Chrysler Question Here...
rpmdiag is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Chrysler Town and country: I have 2012 Chrysler town and country

Customer Question

I have 2012 Chrysler town and country that has a clicking noise in the engine
My mechanic says it was there after I purchased a year ago but he does not know where it is coming from
Thinks maybe it could be a valve lifter
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 10 months ago.
Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teachautomotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Pleaseunderstand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problemwith the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computerdata/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; wejust diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch thevehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going todirect you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please bepatient and permit me to do what I do best.I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it.A lifter would be a common problem, and they can see what side of the engine it's coming from if it's a 6 cylinder, then pull the valve cover to check it.Thanks, Ron
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
So I need to go to a dealership that can put it on a machine to possibly diagnose?
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 10 months ago.
Any quality shop can also do this.Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate ma and keep this link in case you need me again later on.Ron