rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

Chrysler Town and country: I have 2012 Chrysler town and country

Customer Question

I have 2012 Chrysler town and country that has a clicking noise in the engine
My mechanic says it was there after I purchased a year ago but he does not know where it is coming from
Thinks maybe it could be a valve lifter
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.
Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teachautomotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Pleaseunderstand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problemwith the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computerdata/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; wejust diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch thevehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going todirect you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please bepatient and permit me to do what I do best.I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it.A lifter would be a common problem, and they can see what side of the engine it's coming from if it's a 6 cylinder, then pull the valve cover to check it.Thanks, Ron
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
So I need to go to a dealership that can put it on a machine to possibly diagnose?
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.
Any quality shop can also do this.Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate ma and keep this link in case you need me again later on.Ron