Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

Well it was starting fine but I messed with the fuses under

Customer Question

Well it was starting fine but I messed with the fuses under the dash and under the hood and now it won't do anything
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Well it started out over heating we changed the fan ... But it seemed like it wasn't getting power to the transmission so we started messing with fuses now we got nothing
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Changed all the fuses
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: Just want to know what to try
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. Did you make sure you put all fuses back into place properly?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yes my brother even used a tool to make sure they were all getting power
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
While messing with the wires under the dash the fuel pump kicked on by its self and then the break light s wouldn't go off had to UN hook the battery
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
Have you had the fault codes checked at all?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yes and they all relate to the fan
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
What wires were being messed with under the dash was this the ignition switch wiring?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The little fuse box under the dash
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
O.k,you may have a wiring fault at the fuse panel or terminal issues in the fuse panel itself causing this issue here.I have seen damaged or loose wiring cause this fault here as well as corroded wiring or damaged terminals and had to inspect and repair any issues in the fuse panel as well as in some cases replace the fuse panel.It does sound like there is an issue in the fuse panel itself and the issue will need to be located to pinpoint and repair this fault. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can this wording issue case it to over heat and the transmission not shift
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
Yes,if it the wiring is affecting voltage to the transmission components this will cause shifting issues and if the wiring fault is affecting the fan operation or any coolant sensor operations this can also cause the over heat fault here.This will have to be checked into further to verify the cause and from there repaired to correct this fault here. Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here. Thanks Pete