sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Driver's and passenger windows do not function. JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

driver's and passenger windows do not function.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: it's like no power is getting to the switches, but have found no fuses blown.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: In the past, when this first started, I was able to disconnect the battery -- reconnect and the windows would work for a while. This no longer works...
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: both rear vent windows operate electronically.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!There are many things that could prevent the windows from working. It could be a switch or wiring issue, possibly an internal issue in the fuse box, the ignition switch (unlikely if there are no other issues), and some vehicles use a module to control window operation. If both front windows either do or don't work at the same time then it may be a module issue.What year and model is the vehicle?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It's a 2005 Town and Country... where would this module be located?
There isn't a module that directly controls windows on a 2005.Does one window work without the other sometimes or do they always come and go in unison?