chrlsman
chrlsman, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I am a certified ASE Master Technician with L1 Advanced Diagnostic Specialist and over 15 years experience.
29613880

I have a 2013 200. There is a ticking/clicking noise behind

Customer Question

I have a 2013 200. There is a ticking/clicking noise behind my glove box. It occurs when I first turn on the HVAC system. It appears to be coming from a canister-shaped device. What is the problem and/or solution?
JA: I have yet to hear of a noise the mechanics can't identify. They're real masters, and it would be my pleasure to connect you with the best one for the job. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes unless there is a TSB on it. Hoping to reduce repair cost!
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Only to locate the source of the noise.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: As soon as I shut off the blower motor, the noise abates.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  chrlsman replied 7 months ago.
Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I am one of the techs here.the noise you are hearing is most likely coming form the blend air door motor / actuator. This is a common fail. On your car it is relatively easy to access. See the picture:
Expert:  chrlsman replied 7 months ago.
The part is just a plastic door that often gets hung up. You will need to remove the glove box to access it, but once you do, it should be easy enough to replace
Expert:  chrlsman replied 7 months ago.
here's a close up view:
Expert:  chrlsman replied 7 months ago.
I hope this information has been helpful to you. If so, please proceed with a rating. 4 or 5 stars will tell other customers that I give good service. If you have follow up questions, feel free to ask. - Chris
Expert:  chrlsman replied 7 months ago.
This post will end soon. Please do rate my answer. As an independent contractor, I do not receive any credit for answering your question if no rating is given. Let me know if you have additional questions. A 4 or 5 star rating will tell other customers that I give good service.thanks- Chris
Expert:  chrlsman replied 6 months ago.
please rate this answer