Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.

It is a 2.7 engine. It blows out the coolant every week after

Customer Question

It is a 2.7 engine. It blows out the coolant every week after the engine is shut off.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It only seams to do it after longer drives.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No. I have a good mechanic but I wanted to give a good descriptions do possibly a solution.
JA: OK! The Chrysler Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have replaced the radiator cap an thermostat already.
Expert:  Matt replied 5 months ago.
Hello 1st check that the small hoses that run from the top of the engine and radiator that run back to the header / expansion tank are free flowing and not blockedIf all of this is OK it may be worth replacing the header tank cap as again you can lose coolant as steam if this is blowing off too early ( the cap should hold pressure of around 1Bar) The other thing to try is a head gasket / block test kit as these take a coolant sample and analyse it for any signs of combustion gas - if present this would indicate the head gasket is on its way out