Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Chrysler PT Cruiser: I have a 2006 pt cruiser that the fuel

Customer Question

I have a 2006 pt cruiser that the fuel pump is not working on. I drove it in the garage, changed the timing belt and now it won't run. I thought I screwed up the timing belt so I went through the whole process again. It's fine, when I shoot it with some starting fluid it runs. It has a p0463 code in it also. When I look at the electrical connector by the tank it doesn't have a dark green and white wire. Any ideas?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. The first thing that needs done here is to check and make sure nothing electrical was bumped loose or damaged in any way needing repaired or replaced in the area of the repair of the timing belt.I find in allot of cases a component is bumped loose or damaged in some cases when a repair like this is done and causes this issue here.If this has already been checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue from here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
That's what I've been looking for, but all the information is so vague on this car I don't know what to look at, there is nothing obvious.
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
If you clear out this fault code does it come right back again?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
Can I get your VIN number as I show 3 different options for this engine in this model here?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Vin 3a4fy48b06t225928
I need to know which wire powers the pump and where it is so I can check it
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
I apologize for the delay. The code you have here is for a fuel level sensor fault.Have you added fuel to see if your just empty on fuel since the fuel level sensor in the tank is not operating properly? Let me know,thanks Pete