bill, chrysler master tech
Experience:  25 years with chrysler drivability and electrical expert

Chrysler PT Cruiser: I have a 2005 PT Cruiser, standard engine,

Customer Question

I have a 2005 PT Cruiser, standard engine, soft top. I am trying to identify what fuse under the dash controls my power outlets. All 3 are not working. I am not able to translate the information on the cover to the fuse panel.
John Kirtzic
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  bill replied 5 months ago.
the fuse you're looking for is in the UNDERHOOD fuse box near the battery, the fuse number for the outlets is FUSE 20 it will be a yellow 20 amp fuse
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My owners manual list #20 as a spare for the underhood fuse box.
Expert:  bill replied 5 months ago.
the wiring diagram shows that as the power outlet (all 3 ) fuse have you checked this fuse to see if 1 it's there and 2 it's good or blown, i have seen the owners manual be wrong and the wiring diagram as well, they are written for some reason by many different companies
Expert:  bill replied 5 months ago.
can you send the vin so i can get a vin specific diagram? please
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
vin 3C3EY55XX5T343575
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The outlets were all working about a month age. I us one for an XM Serius receiver.
Expert:  bill replied 5 months ago.
shows the same thing on the wiring diagram fuse 20 in the PDC (underhood fuse panel) here is a link to the diagram for you to view, you may wish to check this fuse in the underhood panel like i said the owners manual is not infallible and usually are just copied and pasted from year to year, whereas the wiring diagrams are better kept up to date (although not perfect either) you're my eyes and hands here so i need you to look and see if this fuse is actually there
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is this the group of boxes attached to the firewall? The only thing behind my battery is my air filter.
Expert:  bill replied 5 months ago.
it's behind the air filter housing between the brake master cylinder and the air filter housing here is a link to a picture it has a black cover on it which you may need to fiddle with to get off
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
There are 4 black boxes on the firewall. They are about 3 inches square. Each one has a red tab in the middle of it as some type of a release lever.
Expert:  bill replied 5 months ago.
NO that's teh engine computer please look at the picture i sent
Expert:  bill replied 5 months ago.
following up to see if you solved your problem or still need assistance if not please remember this site is on the honor system once you are satisfied with the service you rate it, you have already paid to use the site all a rating does is allow the expert to be paid for his time and that comes out of the fee you paid to use the service