sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

Trying to eject my cd cartridge and get ERR-06 error message.

Customer Question

trying to eject my cd cartridge and get ERR-06 error message. It is a 1999 factory installed player.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have disks in the cartridge and wanted to take one out. I slid the door to the right as always and pressed the green button to eject only to get the error message and now it won't even play CD's.
JA: Doors are something you never think about until they start to act up. Fortunately, the mechanics are real masters, and it would be my pleasure to connect you with the best one for this. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: not sure what to try next.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!Unless you have discs with stick on labels or something of that nature in the changer, this is an internal mechanical failure which will most likely either require internal repair or replacement or the unit.Have you tried a battery disconnect?