Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.
7276279

A few days ago, we took our 2006 Sebring to town, and everything

Customer Question

A few days ago, we took our 2006 Sebring to town, and everything was fine. A couple hours later, we tried to go to town again, but the car started and only ran for a couple seconds, did this a couple times, then will not start at all. One of the times we tried to start it, there were no dash lights, but after that, the dash lights come on, but no starting. There is interior power, radio, etc, and headlamps. The starter has 12 volts to the positive terminal, but no power to the solenoid wire. If I jump power to the solenoid, the starter cranks, but the car will not start. I replaced the ignition switch, but no change. What is wrong?
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: how do I harvest the code? I assume it has to do with the round red flashing light in the dash?
JA: The more information we have the better, but not to worry - the Chrysler Mechanic will know how to find that out. The more information we have the better, but not to worry - the Chrysler Mechanic will know how to find that out. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: tested the starter, it's fine. checked the fuses, they're fine. replaced the ignition switch
JA: Is there anything else the Chrysler Mechanic should be aware of about your Chrysler?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.In order to be able to determine what is causing the no crank condition the first hing you are going to need to do is to scan the computer system to see if there are any fault code setting . Once you have them post back with them and I will advise you from there. The problem sounds like your Sebring has lost its key programming but before we can determine if that is the case the scan needs to be done .