Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician

I'm using key to start my my Chrysler 300 c 2010 when I push

Customer Question

I'm using key to start my my Chrysler 300 c 2010 when I push the push start it say damage key but key work
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Push start reads damage key
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes maybe our get it fixed
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Replaced battery tried to get key reprogram but was told it cant
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Chrysler Mechanic will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: Yes when I hit brakes car shakes a little
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer. Do you have another key to try?Chris
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Have two none work
Expert:  Chris replied 5 months ago.
Ok, then you may have a failed wIN module (key module ) The module may need to be replaced, but before you do that, try resetting the module by disconnecting the negative battery cable for 2 minutes and then reconnect it. Let me know if that fixes it.Chris
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It didn't work still reading damage key
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Well what do you suggest and what is a wIn
Expert:  Chris replied 5 months ago.
I recommend having a mobile lock smith come out to where the vehicle is and see if he can program the keys back to the car. If he can't, then the WIN modue (the device you insert the key into) or the keys will need to be replaced. Otherwise you will need to tow it to the dealer.Chris
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can I order this part on line and can I order from Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 5 months ago.
You can order it from Chrysler, but it will still have to be programmed by a mobile lock smith or the dealer.
Expert:  Chris replied 5 months ago.
Hello, would you do me a favor and rate my service today? You can use the rating system you see on the just answer site. if you have any further questions after you rate, no worries because I can continue to help you even after you rate. Thank you!
Expert:  Chris replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I have not heard from you in a while and was just wondering how it is going with the Chrysler.If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept in a positive way. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept. Thank you! Chris