sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

Pearl, this is Guillermo. I just got some error codes on

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, this is Guillermo. I just got some error codes on my 2006 Chrysler 300, using my OBD II Scan Tool. I am not a mechanic but am mechanically inclined. Codes P0717-Input/Turbine Sensor ; P0700-Transmission Control System, came up. Do I need to replace my whole transmission or is it a transmission filter or something similar that I may be able to replace myself?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Lol, nothing thus far, just plugged the scanner in 10 minutes ago
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: 175,000 miles. Transmission fluid was completely replaced 2 months ago. Rear diff was replaced 10 months ago....
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!If there are no other problems besides the codes mentioned and the trans going into limp in then I wouldn't have a reason to suspect the whole transmission would need to be replaced. This code is for one of the input speed sensors in the lead plate on top the valve body (I'm assuming you have a V8 with NAG trans). This could be a wiring issue but is almost always a failure of the sensor, which would require removal of the valve body and replacement of the lead plate. Wiring is a possibility but I've found a failed sensor to be the cause of this code in every case I've dealt with.