Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

My ABS light is on. When I took it to my mechanic, he plugged

Customer Question

My ABS light is on. When I took it to my mechanic, he plugged in his meter and it read Code 15. What does this mean?
JA: So many factors can cause ABS issues. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with them. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The light stays on all the time.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No, I plan to take it to my mechanic but we need to know what to fix.
JA: OK! The Chrysler Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right.
Customer: Good. That is what I want.
JA: Is there anything else the Chrysler Mechanic should be aware of about your Chrysler?
Customer: No. I absolutely love my Chrysler
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  SuperDave replied 7 months ago.
What Year and model is your Chrysler?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
2006 Town & Country
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!Do you know the actual worded description of the fault code?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No, not the exact words. Just said to go to the website & to check Code 15.
The service information has no reference for a two digit ABS code because Chrysler didn't use them for this vehicle. I've seen reference to generic code readers giving two digit codes but they don't correlate to anything in the service information. If you can give the brand and model of the code reader I may be able to find reference material for that tool, but knowing the worded description of the code is most likely going to be imperative.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I will see what I can do. Thanks
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm sorry. I gave you the wrong code #. It is code ABS#18. Maybe that would help you. This is the way my receipt says it said.
Do you have the brand and model of what codes were read with?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No I don't.
If you can find out I may be able to determine what the code reader manufacturer's 18 stands for.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I will call my mechanic tomorrow and try to find out.
Great!See if they're able to tell you the worded description also if you haven't asked for it already. The worded description is really what we're after because Chrysler did not use two digit codes for the ABS system and there is not reference for them.