Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

My car was stored winter & apparently the truck was

Customer Question

My car was stored for the winter & apparently the truck was left open draining the batterie. When my husband tried to charge the batterie with a 12 volt charger it started clicking & flashing the lights then nothing. When he jumped it with jumpers from our truck it would start right up but quit the minute he took the jumper off. Is our batterie fried?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Jared D replied 7 months ago.
This car uses the battery to regulate the voltage. If the battery froze, or sometimes was completely discharged and shorted internally because of the discharge the car won't run right, even with a jump.I would say the first step is to remove the battery and try charging it, or just replace it.It should run normally with a good battery to smooth out the voltage stream to the vehicle's computer systems.
Expert:  Jared D replied 7 months ago.
Do you need any additional information?